Monday, January 10, 2011

Tea For One | Great Gift Idea For A Tea Drinker

I absolutely love tea, I usually use a teabag on a string and make it in the mug, but I do so miss brewing it in a teapot - it really did make a much nicer cup of tea that way. I loved these products below when I first came across them as they offer an alternative for someone who is only making tea for one, but would love a pot - a teapot and tea cup in one -



Aren't they absolutely gorgeous? I can't decide which one I prefer, there are lots more to choose from on Amazon as well and you can click on the links above to look at a wider selection.

I have always enjoyed my tea, my parents used to call me their teabag as they always drank coffee. At certain times when I can't think what to write or I'm worried about something I will find myself constantly making and drinking cups of tea. I was brought up in the UK after all and one of the biggest crisis that Winston Churchill was determined to avert (and did) was the prospect of Britain running out of tea during WWII - this is a true story. The cabinet papers were released a few years ago about the prospective tea crisis!

Today especially I am drinking lots of cups of tea as the weather storms around me and my entire state seems to be on flood alert. My own suburb isn't supposed to be in danger unlike more highly populated suburbs only 20 minutes away, but with the flash flooding hitting anywhere you don't know what's going to happen.

Two days ago we were having a Sunday drive down to the point and half the road had subsided, this morning the next suburb over from us had a high section just slip down the hill taking all of the retaining work with it - thank goodness they hadn't built the house yet and also thank goodness for the bad weather as beneath that section is a children's play area that is normally packed during the school holidays.

Tea is definately in order in our household! If you know someone who always enjoys their cup of tea then these gorgeous tea cup and pot combined are a fantastic gift idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment