Monday, March 21, 2011

Japan Quake Relief Wristband

If you're like me you were glued to the television at the time of Japan's devastating earthquake.   I was in New Zealand at the time and all of a sudden Christchurch's disaster was pushed off of the news as we watched a proud country like Japan attempt to deal with a catastrophe of epic proportions.   I must admit I had to stop watching after a few days because the news kept getting worse and the news of the nuclear plant reminded me of the way the hairs stood up on the back of my neck when we heard of the Chernobyl disaster of 86.

Japan is going to need a lot of help to recover from the triple disaster of earthquake, tsunami and nuclear meltdown and many people have offered help around the world.   So when I was wondering what to add to this post today and I came across these Japan Quake Relief Wristbands I thought - yes!

According to the company's website all proceeds from the sale of these wristbands will go towards the American Red Cross Aid to help Japan.   Bungie aren't the only people who are selling wristbands for Japan - Lady Gaga also has wristbands available from her site that say Pray for Japan.   the wristbands are much nicer looking in my opinion, but I've read differing views and it seems that only 50% of proceeds from these ones will be going to help Japan.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful find to help the people of Japan after their earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disasters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I thought Rhonda.

    ReplyDelete